Monday, August 27, 2007

Gathering of the Sistas with Dem Sistalocs!

Yep, so the ladies of the Bay Area with 'dem Sistalocs met in Old Sacramento at Joe's Crabshack.
I'll let the other ladies make comments about the gathering...I want to talk about the food I ordered!

I ordered a cup of New England Clam Chowder to start - Yummy! The Clam Chowder got up
and walked out of my cup...I remember dishing out a spoonful - maybe I had one of those big pot spoons...I just know the Clam Chowder didn't last long...(hmm.. that's an old phrase!)

My entre' was called Joe's Steam Pot, it comprised of: Crab Legs, Shrimp, Andouille Sausage, Corn on the Cob and New Red Potatoes...steamed together in a net, tossed on a circular plate trough, secret Emeril seasonings "BAMMED" on top of the food. (BTW: Comment to Emeril is to add flava to the story...I don't know if the seasoning was really Emeril...but the seasoning was finga-licking good not KFC but more lip-smacking, Zataran type of seasonings!)

I was very hungry and the food was so good! I started off with the knife and fork (proper eating etiquette) after using the crab cracker and that goofy small fork on one of the crab legs, I had to trade up to cracking the crab legs with my teeth, using my fingers to fish out the crab, used the fork to slice the red potatoes, ate the potatoes with my fingers, corn on the cob - str8 finger food. Shrimp: had to peel with the fingers and nails, sausage was consumed like the corn - str8 finger food - bite and release uneaten sausage to the plate! I was up to my elbows in crab, crab leg shells, empty cob of corn, shrimp casing/shell. No crab leg or claw was untouched... Gotta a little upset b'cuz the body of the crab was missing in the plate trough. You think I've never had crab before the way I was consuming that entre!

The atmosphere in the place made you feel so comfortable that you could consume food as if you were at home, in your favorite "eating" clothes in your favorite chair in front of your television set, licking your fingers and making all those "eating" sounds YOU are not suppose to make when you eat in public...then again, I was VERY hungry and when you are hungry EVERYthing taste good and all food must be consumed as unlady-like as possible!

Oh, yeah...the Sistalocks looked good during this eating frenzy...no crab in 'da locs!

Lexxus

1 comment:

Helga said...

Uhhh, why're you tryin' to look soooo cute in that little picture up there on the left of your blog! You an 'Aya' always tryin' to out do me ;-)

Your hair is so gorgeous, I love hearing about the food at the gathering, but let's see some more pictures of the hair. I'm gonna getcha this weekend!