I have never experienced someone fighting a lay-off! Most people will take their pink slips, severance and call it a day...not today NOT Monday (10/29/07)-- not the Super Employee I know of...he fought the machine today.
Granted in the end... the lay-off notice was signed, but NOT until after he was heard!
I wish I was a fly on the other end of the line...
- I'm wondering if any backtracking, Elmer Fudd stuttering was going on.?
- Was the ear-well of the phone moist with perspiration due to nervousness or sheer shock?
- Was their a constant tapping of a pencil against the desk pad? Or was the knee banging aganst the desk?
- Were eyes rolling thinking: "this person has the audacity to question me about a lay-off?"
- When the call ended did the person on the other end exclaim: "WTF?"
Things I have never seen nor experienced has been reduced by one.